Visit Nepal 2011 |Birth Place of Gautam Buddha | Highest Peak Sargarmatha | Visit Nepal 2011 |Birth Place of Gautam Buddha | Highest Peak Sargarmatha | Visit Nepal 2011 |Birth Place of Gautam Buddha | Highest Peak Sargarmatha | Visit Nepal 2011 |Birth Place of Gautam Buddha | Highest Peak Sargarmatha |

Friday, April 9, 2010

Buddha I Know

I started writing or collecting some thoughts about Buddhism and Buddha for last couple of months. I'm really impressed by the Buddhist philosophy and I would like to share what I have come through and share my views on it.

Before I begin to write few words on Buddha, I found this statement appropriate to mention here. Buddhism is very vast and without knowing a bit about it, it would be meaningless for having this life.
"Let a wise man blow off impurities of his self, as a smith blows off the impurities of silver, one by one, little by little, and from time to time."
Buddha is not a god, or a man carrying from heaven a supernatural revelation, to be accepted on faith. He does not speak of a God, a creator. He does not tell why we live, but how to live. He teaches a way of life, a way to rise above the troubles of life and finally, a way to achieve the ultimate happiness of Nirvana, in which a state of blissful, untroubled peace accompanies the complete opening up of understanding.